Profile picture for frustratedinNC

hi everyone,

I purchased my home in 2007 I was given a conventional loan instead of the FHA loan that I requested. At the time, I did not do the proper research and relied on my so call friend aka my relator to handle everything for me. The reason my broker gave me is that because my credit score was only 620 at the time, I would  not qualify for the FHA loan for the lender because it required 10 percent down. I am a little peeved at myself because I offered to take money out of my 401k to pay a lager down payment but was told not to because it would  not decrease my payments that much. I am peeved at myself, because I didn't feel right about the loan, but had already given up my apartment and with two kids felt that I had no choice but to take it and hope to refinance later. When i  attempted to refinance my broker gave me the run around, because I didn't have the money to refinance and i asked if about having the closing coast added to my payments I later found out that the mortgage broker was not BBB approved although he had a sign in his office stating his company  was a BBB company* I guess he must have stole  it from somewhere.. who knows)! Anyway,  I have been dealing with Chase and it has been a nightmare with them constantly trying to foreclose on my home and I had to file for chapter 13. My credit score is now in the 500 range because of this. My question is how can I refinance to a FHA loan in a chapter 13 bankruptcy with a messed up credit score thanks to chase and their deceptive billing practices. i tried to get a modification, but they keep giving me the run around saying they need more paperwork or they seem to lose paper work that I had already faxed to them. I am so frustrated and stressed about the whole situation. any advise would be really appreciated right now!
  • August 21 2011 - US

Unfortunately, not if you have scores around 500 and are missing mortgage payments.   Good luck!  Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

While it's terrible that you got bait and switched on your loan, and shady that someone would display a BBB sign without being a member, what is it about the FHA that would have been better than the conventional insofar as you would have avoided these troubles?  

You are not going to be able to refinance at this time due to your chap13 and low credit.  I would try and appy for a loan modification with chase again to get your payments lowered.