Profile picture for Kirste

hi, i signed a quit claim deed to a third party and he is not ready to refinance the house? advice p

I signed a quit claim deed for a friend 3 yrs ago, who requested for time to fix his credit before he refinanced. I let him the previlege which is costing me my credit report because now he is backing off from making the payments and also avoiding refinancing the property due  to the current housing market. What is the best option that I have? I have a family now and need to buy a place of my own. 
  • August 26 2009 - Lisle
  • 0

See a Real Estate Attorney, immediately.

Hopefully you have some legal recourse, such as an improperly executed Deed.

---------
Best wishes,
  Fred
----------

So, he owns the property and you are obligated on the debt?
If this is correct you should get an attorney.
What did he give you in exchange for him giving you the property. There needs to be consideration for any business transaction.
I assume he won't give you back the property.

This is the time to talk with a lawyer.     What legal paperwork did you have in hand when you signed the quit claim deed about his responsibilities for the mortgage?