Profile picture for nismo007

hi i wanted to know what kind of rate i should expect to get for a refi. my fico is 652

hi i dont know if i should wait to get it higher. my wife, cosigner is at 630. i think my house should apraise for around what i owe. i have an 80/20 loan and am thinking of just redoing the 80. any advise would be appreciated. thanks
  • January 08 2009 - Lawrence
  • 0

With your scores it might benefit you more to work on any other credit you have. I'm not sure you'll get anything better if you factor in how long it will take to recoup the loan costs and I am guessing you have some other debts based on your scores.

Being that your highest interest rate is 9.0...do you have any credit cards you have balances on but have paid on-time consistently for a while? You can try calling the credit card companies and asking for a lower rate. It is a lot less paperwork and no cost other than a few minutes of your time.

What is your total loan amount? And would you have several thousand dollars to put towards a refinance if you could consolidate the majority of the two loans together? (depending on actual value, of course)

Profile picture for Rob Cochems
Right now the only loan you would qualify for would be an FHA loan, that would have mortgage insurance.  I would recommend working on paying down your balances and improving your credit scores right now.

Profile picture for nismo007
right now my "80" loan is at 7.3 and my "20" loan is at 9.0

Profile picture for Rob Cochems
What is your current interest rate?