Profile picture for daeco1

home equity fha loan (can i get one)

I bought my home in December of 2008 for $786,000 with my loan at $704000. The Zillow home value is at $866,000. Can i get a home equity loan through fha again or anywhere else? My credit score is aroudn 640 to 650. (San diego, California)
  • July 21 2009 - Rancho Bernardo
  • 0

I would try California National. I am a broker, and they seem to have great rates for home equity products, but I'm not sure you have enough equity... you should double check the value against Zillow numbers first. Next thing I would ask is what is the money for? If you are making improvements to the house, there may be a whole different set of loan types available to you. Check my website for more info...