home facts are wrong according to our tax records

22012 tax statement shows assessed at 203,903 and apprasial value is 207,000. if this can't be updated on my listing then maybe  we should delete it? 
  • November 28 2012 - Schertz
  • 0

Keep the tax appraised value LOWER! :) Market value is often higher than the tax appraised value and this is better for you. 

We do live in an increasingly digitized world so you may have some trouble with internet savvy buyers who look up these values prior to making an offer, but a good Realtor can help them see that a lower tax value is a good thing and actually saves them money while at the same time showing that the market value for your home is decided by actual, recent, comparable sales.

Depending on your local home values, and when you purchased the property, your home's value could be considerably higher than the assessed value (ie a number the County comes up with and usually increases it a bit year by year).

For most of my clients out here in So-Cal their homes are worth more than what the County taxes them on in today's market.  Of course this wasn't always the case because a few years back many people's assessed values were much to high in light of a nasty declining market.  I had my own taxes adjusted downwards during those years for all the assets I purchased/owned a bit before "the real estate bubble burst."  I hope the market stays in an upwards trend for a long while since we all "lost" tons of equity.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

Profile picture for KW Novello
The assessed value is not necessarily going to be the same as the appraised value. The assessed value is just what your county uses to determine property taxes and really doesn't have much to do with your properties' value, since the county is usually far behind where the market actually is. So if $207,000 is the market value of the home (what buyers are willing to pay for it), the assessed value won't affect you in the least. If you property is in good condition and priced right, it will sell no matter what. I hope this has been somewhat helpful and please let me know if I can assist in any other way.