Profile picture for velobb

home facts

I am looking at a home whose zestimate is $402,000. 2337 broadview boise idaho.

When I put in my estimate, home facts add another 24,000 to the house. Where does this number come from? I did not put anything into that formula in my estimate.  Thanks.
  • December 21 2010 - North End

Zestimates are often quite inaccurate. They use mathematical models that may have nothing to do with values in YOUR area.
Either call an experienced Realtor in the area OR pay for an actual appraisal for true current market value.
A CMA is NOT an appraisal!
A CMA is a real estate agents opinion of market value, some know what they are doing in specific neighborhoods, some don't, but won't tell you that cause they want your business.

An appraisal is done by a Certified/Licensed Appraiser (not a real estate agent). They have passed national exams, worked 2 years as an apprentice and are paid soley to analyze market value for a specific date and purpose.

That's a complicated question, Velobb  - bottom line is Zillow is not completely accurate and the best way to get a fair market value is to call a Realtor who specializes in the area (me :)) and I'll run a CMA, which is pretty darn close to an appraisal. [contact info removed by moderator]