Profile picture for zoulio

home insurance

just moved to Manhasset in July after buying a $1.8M house. After much leg work I had found a home insurance that covered my house (castle point). after 2 months and an appraisal they cancelled my insurance after finding out that my house appraised for more than the maximum they cover. I am now again having trouble finding home insurance that cover houses >1M which is somewhat odd since the medium house price in this whole area is $1.2M. Any suggestions?  

thanks,
Z.
  • October 01 2013 - Manhasset
  • 0

Have you found Coverage, If so how has it been?
  • June 02

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but honestly it may work out for the best. CastlePoint Insurance is undergoing some credit rating issues -- given the higher value of your home, it is probably a blessing in disguise. 

Our firm can certainly help you. We have some of the best products in the business for homes > 1M. Believe it or not, sometimes the pricing on these products is often more competitive than CastlePoint -- and the coverage and credit quality is much stronger. 

Kindly get in touch for a no obligation consultation. We will not share your information with anyone.

Best,
Prana Risk Insurance Services
Direct: 917-438-0984
info@prana-risk.com
www.prana-risk.com 
  • May 31

Yes, there are many carriers that provide home insurance in your specific area for the coverage you are looking for.  I am located in Great Neck and do business in Manhasset frequently and have carriers that I recomment to my clients.  Feel free to reach out to me.
JD