Profile picture for dennisr

home values for my zip code are too low. Why

eastern 34203 home values are much higher then you estimate.  Your sq ft price does not match what the market is doing.  Therefore your estimates are inaccurate!  Based on your drop down below you do not target the area of south EAST Bradenton.

July 21 2011 - Bradenton

Profile picture for dennisr
Trulia has a much more accurate home value then Zillow.  Realtors constantly bad mouth Zillow because they are so far from real market.  I agree with the comment that there is a lawyer our there ready do sue over anything and Zillow probably has deep pockets!

When you don't want to be bothered by a realtor then finding data on the web that is non-bias is important.  The real answer is use Trulia and not Zillow.

The good thing to realize is that Realtors are not looking at Zillow to find the values of homes.  It is for the public use only, if you were to list your house an agent would find the house price based on a more accurate basis.

I argue this every day.  In north Denver, the Zestimate's tend to be consistently 7%-10% low.  I have no proof as to why.... but I speculate that Zillow probably programs its algorithm conservatively so that no one sues them for "paying too much for a house" based on a value Zillow provided. 

If you want an accurate estimate of your home';s value... find a well rated Zillow agent in your area, and have them perform a a competitive market analysis based on recent comps in your area.