Profile picture for jackiedav

house for sale!

hey there, i have already contacted you about your house for sale. for some reason my message machine cut you off before you left your phone number. the phone number on this site doesnt seem to work. i'd love to talk more about the house! thanks, jackie 713.825.7707
  • Question refers to 7111 NE 9th Ave, Portland, OR 97211
  • 0

Profile picture for pdxjulz
Hi -

Yes it is currently Occupied, by me and 2 housemates -
(non-smoker with no pets) Asking price is flexible - depending on the Down, Interest rate, and other potential Terms of the offer. It helps to know what you arfe anble to do comfortably. We can talk.

I can show it this Sunday afternoon, or weekdays by Appointment, and probably can move, within 30-40 days on an accepted offer; sooner with a decent Earnest Money offering, if needed. Just call 503-289-8961, or my Cell on Evenings/Weekends: 503-809-9697 - before coming over.

Next weekend, a Crew will be there, working on the Great Room. OK to call & come by then, if you can't sooner. You'll have to look past some rehab disarray for now...but it's easy to see the architectural potential that really is here. A smaller house just sold in Woodlawn for almost $400,000. It had some recent updates and went really fast. Another quality older house at the end of the street is listed at $614,000. I think you'll see that this is a worthy Restoration project - at a great price. I'm happy to sell now, or hold under a Lease/Option for awhile, depending on the up front money...since I've already found my next one - and am ready to wite an offer on it.

One upstairs Renter is terrific, and Mel would like to be able to stay...which can help on a Mortgage or Purchase Contract payments. (He's a quiet, respectful, non-smoker, gone afternoons and evenings) A Temporary Housemate currently uses the Basement level, who plans to move in 2-3 months.

(If you are Kristin - you and another inquirer - have emails)

Profile picture for ksgreys
House for sale (there, spelled correctly this time:)

Do you currently occupy the house yourself? What are the chances of being able to get in and view it?

Profile picture for pdxjulz
Appreciate your reply...
but I think that only you cn delete a Qn/Topic that you initates. Perhaps check the Accounts section? (I will also when I have a chance. Can't today...)

Thanx, J.

Profile picture for dancalvert
You assume a lot in your interpretation of my nine word comment, but I will agree that I was perhaps a bit feisty. I'm not really even in the market for another fixer, since I'm still happily working on my current 1898 beauty at 826 NE Rosa Parks. Sensitive indeed! I accept the compliment.

Anyhow, what I meant to say was that if you're trying to sell a house that you are representing as a "fixer", it is crucial to provide a decent photo of the outside if you expect people to drive over and check it out. The photos you provided made me pretty certain I didn't even want to walk the three blocks to check it out.

Anyhow, I didn't realize these comments would be visible to all comers so please feel free to have it removed, I'd do it myself but I don't see an option to do that. I wish you success in selling your house, this is a great neighborhood and we're always looking for some more "sensitive" people who are interested in sprucing it up.

Donnez-moi les haricots verts!

Profile picture for pdxjulz
Not sketchy at all...and fyi, that kind of personal reference smacks of Unfair Business Practice. I am happy to try to send better photos if someone civil is interested in a a great restoration project in this popular neighborhood.

fyi, I provide more than the normal Disclosures; and am under no pressure to sell. Haven't been able to Sync/upload from my Treo for several months, so I recently got a new camera and am getting acquaintied with it, so new pix soon.

btw, Sir, sure hope you don't insult everyone whose thumbnails fail to expand in a way that matches the web site format. (On some sites, great brokers have photos that tend to look stretched. They aren't necessarily trying to distort the truth...it is often simply a transitional web thing) Sorry for any inconvenience you felt. Wondering - if you are that sensitive, perhaps a Fixer won't be right for you? Older houses have many quirks. Endearing for many of us, unacceptable to others. C'est la Vie.

Profile picture for pdxjulz
Hi Jackie,

Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

Julie
503-289-8961