Profile picture for infamousd23

house under contract's listing removed from zillow one day,back the next.is someone messing with me?

I have a contract on a house in short sale. the last update that I received was that my offer looked good, and could very well be accepted without a counter. I should feel good right?  Yesterday (1/17) I looked this house up on Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com, and they all said that this house had been pulled from the market as of 1/15... i found this interesting. My agent didn't say if that was a good sign, and I don't know what to think. I checked all the previously mentioned sites today (1/18)--- lo and behold the houses listing is back... What is going on? Should I be concerned? Am I thinking too hard?
  • January 18 2012 - Wentzville
  • 0

Profile picture for John Wyatt

It can take up to 6 months to have an approval on a short sale depending on the lender.

You need a new agent.
One who can take the time to keep you up to date on what's happening.

On Short sales it could be a variety of reasons; all you need to do is ask your agent to ask the listing agent what is going on ; it could have simply expired during the time you had the offer in on it and they simply did not get it renewed in time or they could have thought the offer was accepted and made a mistake in entering when approval process changed with hire ups.. .you are definately thinking it is a traditional contract offer and seller and it is not... so most of the typical processes and rules are out the door when it involves a lender/sellers bank or investor.  

good luck; 
elisa mullins

A house "under contract" should not show up as an active listing on Realtor.com, the only source of true real estate information.

Profile picture for Dave Matthews

Have your agent review the activity on MLS. Your agent may find that the listing agent erroneously changed the listing and upon realization changed it back. 

The only site you should be concerned about is the local MLS site where the home was originally listed.

My guess is the originating source for the listings (which isn't MLS) had temporarily dropped the listing from their site for reasons known only to them.