house

hi,

I am very interested in moving to cold spring harbor. my family loves it!for now my budget is in the low $800's. I know you listed your house higher but I just thought it wouldn't hurt to inquire.

best,
jen
  • Question refers to 8 Woodleaf Ct, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
  • 0

Thanks John for your advice. We have our hearts set on CSH. Like you, I'm not in any immediate rush either. I live in forest hills Queens but will need to move within a year and a half b/c of the schools. Time certainly moves past quickly though so that is why my husband and I have started the process.

thanks for everything!

jen

Profile picture for Fiji80
I understand. We made a stretch when we moved here 16 years ago, but it was well worth it. Although we originally wanted a colonial, we fell in love with this farm ranch because it was at the end of a quiet cul de sac and had mature flowering landscaping and a secluded backyard. Our kids walked to school and we can stroll to town. You'll probably have to stretch your budget or settle on something that needs some work, but it will be worth it in the long run.

john,
I forgot to mention, craig's list is a great place to post real estate too. I have my home posted there.

best,
jen

Thank you John, I can see why everybody loves CSH. It's hard not to! I missed a for sale by owner just a little over a month ago on Turkey lane in which the owners were asking only $810 and I could have kicked myself. It was not perfect as it was a hillside setting but I would have grabbed it for that price plus it had 4 bedrooms. I know occassionally they pop up but everything I have seen on MLS is $899.

I wish you all the best and thanks for writing back.

best,
Jen

Profile picture for Fiji80
Sorry Jen,
There isn't a house listed in the CSH district for less than $900K and they are on poor lots. There isn't a 4 bedroom house listed at less than $1.3M. We've already had unsolicited offers at $1M. The "Make me move" is actually pretty realistic as real estate values here have not been affected because of the school district. Our kids are in college now and we're in no hurry to move, but it is there in case someone wants to buy a house here at market value without bearing the additional cost of commission. We moved here when they were going into elementary school and we are so happy we did. Good luck with your search. This is a wonderful town.
John