Profile picture for Johnson Team 1

how are you using facebook

I'm setting up a person facebook page & wondering how real estate agents are using zillow to enhace their Facebook presence?
  • December 15 2010 - Staten Island
  • 0

Profile picture for DrewMeyers
"Definitely keep work and personal separate."

Jeremy - I've got to 100% disagree with you there. Your personality will be what sets you apart. Information is everywhere. "If you keep it all business, and you might as well be someone in the yellow pages". I still stand by my thoughts from 2009 on this topic.

You can share some great information from Zillow on your FB pages. History, demographics, photos, reviews and more. Even this comment has an option box below to be shared on Facebook. 

You can share pretty much anything you see on Zillow that you feel will add value to your friends and fans on Facebook.  I'm going to setup a class at zillow academy dot com if you're interested in seeing more... 

To add to Eric Hantman's comments that I believe are spot on100% "the key is interaction"... this is what we've learned also.

At a Real Estate Bar Camp event hosted by & at Zillow in Seattle, 2009, a couple of guys from Palo Alto Research (I believe) did a presentation & something they said caused my mind to "get it" instantly...

(paraphrasing)... "anyone who owns real estate is primarily interested in two things: 1) what's my real estate worth now? & 2) where's my real estates value heading?"

Answer those questions on a regular, say weekly basis, & you will have some thing to interact with your "fans" with... simple yes, but it WORKS like crazy...

Aaaaaaand there's 1 HUGE Mistake just about everybody I've seen makes when naming their page that is easily correctable & can drastically improve results...

I won't post the solution "publicly" but if you send me an email via my zillow profile, I will email you back the "fix"

Jim Wornast

To go off what Jim Wornast said about "standing out" amongst similar Social Media marketing - this is key. Facebook fans/friends and Twitter followers are great, but are your interactions with them different from the next guy?

You want to get results and leads out of Social Media, not just post up topical articles to get some Facebook likes. The key is interaction. Let your company's personality come out in your online dialogue with individuals who take the time to react to your posts.

Think long-term when it comes to Social Media. Add daily value to your presence but don't spam people with the same stuff everyone else is.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Eric
PrimeNYC

Definitely keep work and personal separate. To answer the question of what to post, I have been using news posts, blog posts, YouTube videos, find some humorous and real estate related. I have a company and a agent page. "Like" us if you would like I would be glad to return the favor.

www.facebook.com/lankfordrealty
www.facebook.com/realtorhelton

Chris is right. Keep it separate... personal and business. Many agents mix the two, and it can be a hassle. We haven't taken the road into using facebook for real estate yet, mostly because we have yet to see anyone gain or improve business from facebook. If you can truely benefit your clients somehow through facebook, more power to you. We hear of several benefits from using facebook, but have we really SEEN any? It might be all talk.

It is very important to create a Facebook page for your real estate business and keep your profile for your personal interactions.

The next question is what you should talk about on your Facebook page. If you figure this one out PLEASE share it with me. LOL I seriously cannot figure out what to do with my real estate Facebook page.

I currently have all of my blog posts automatically posted to my Facebook page, but nobody ever posts on my Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/callchristoday

fb, twitter, zillows ect, ect, are just mediums to facilitate content & delivery of your marking messages.

The real challenge is how to stand out the sea sameness.  

this is an old question already answered.

try not to do this  

I actually offer all my contacts a free listingbook account to check out the value of their home or look for their dream home free of charge in the privacy of their own home once every month to month and a half and it seems that 1-3 people always go for the bait.  They may truly need it and it keeps my relatives and friendsknowing I am still an agent because they are the first ones who claim they didn't know you were still in that business!

Once in awhile I offer a subscription to my blog on making money in a down market through the purchase of REO's. Three or more people sign up every time.

It's just another tool to keep people knowing you are in real estate. That you are a professional that they can reach out to when they are ready. It is definitely not a place to post new listings. Unless it is your first listing over a million!

Occasionally using articles from Zillow to repost to Facebook would be good. Make sure the articles are accurate.

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
posting photos of your listings is always a good thing!  even those that find marketing on facebook annoying tend to like to look at photos. 

Profile picture for Connie Klemme

I try to keep it balanced and not have everything on facebook be about real estate-otherwise my friends will start ignoring my posts.  so I keep it positive and fun with random weird things in between posting photos of my latest listing or info about real estate.   and I friend everyone that requests it.

Facebook is a great marketing tool!  I don't bombard my "friends" with real estate advertisements, but I do share updates on the business, and I think they appreciate that.  It also reminds people that I am there to help them with their real estate needs.