Profile picture for MrKarl

how can I get an appraised value of my home through using Zillow?

I moved to FL. From my home in GA.  My parents now live in that home.  I want to have them
qualify to buy the home to get it out of my name so as to be able to purchase a home here in Orlando, FL.  Just need to have some options that will not jeapordize me qualifying to buy another home.
  • May 05 2011 - Statesboro
  • 0

Contact a local appraiser.   

Profile picture for rockinblu
The first link below has the info on what a zestimate is and if one's available, how to find it.

http://www.zillow.com/adv ... e/324233/

BTW, the location on your post reminded me of this.

Zillow does not offer appraisals.   Zillow offers Zestimates, which are numbers generated from a statistical model using public facts.   A zestimate is only a starting point for comparing homes, and won't be sufficient for a lender.

One way to improve your chances of having a stronger price is to have your agent provide comps to the appraiser so they have some sold properties to support your price. I have not heard of an appraiser using Zillow because it is not an " appraisal". It is an estimate based on what has sold recently. The website doesn't get into the same level of specificity that an appraiser would.

Profile picture for Aspertane
No