Profile picture for InProvRI

how can homes with a providence address be described as "within Cranston school district"

My house, in Providence, is for sale and prospective buyers have opted out because they don't want to use Providence schools. I just looked at the map which includes neighborhood homes which are also in Providence, but you have noted that they are located in the Cranston school district. Is this an error? Can I say that my house is part of the Cranston school district? How can homes with Providence addresses send children to Cranston schools? I am anxious to know because I will edit my listing immediately. I live on Netop Drive in Providence

June 17 2010 - South Elmwood

Profile picture for InProvRI

Erin/Joshua ~ On your "Zestimates" link it shows an aerial view of my home and 21 neighboring homes, an estimated value on all 21 properties on the map and none are for sale as far as I know. Mine is for sale and if anyone sees your map. they will certainly expect it to be correct. Realtors had nothing to do with your captions. It is not a matter of false advertising... whoever is in charge of that info is at fault. "Details" on each of the 21 homes all have a formatted speil and every one says Cranston School District and lists 3 Cranston schools. They cannot attend those schools. Please check it out and see for yourselves.

Profile picture for InProvRI
Hi Erin ~ Thank you for the reply howerver, it is your site that is tagging these properties in your maps.

I understand your frustration, however I woudln't recommend advertising that school aged children would / could attend Cranston schools if the property is in fact in Providence.  The other listings in your neighborhood are doing themselves a disservice by falsely advertising a school district.  This false advertisement will only lead to wasted time by the homeowner as well as perspective buyers and agents as well!  As Josh mentioned it is probably best to contact your agent about this matter!  If you want to advertise a school pehaps there is a reputable private school nearby?  Good luck!

Hi -

Great question...thanks for sharing with us.

Your home For Sale....is it listed with a real estate agent - they would be able to advise you directly..!?

I would presume that the other listings might be an overlook...?!

For good measure - just to reconfirm the logistics...I would suggest contacting Cranston City Hall as well as the city of Providence to determine any / all applicable requirements a resident may need for eligibility purposes regarding this matter.

Best of Luck,

Josh