Profile picture for HILTON2

how can i find out what the deposit is on a house.

I LOOKED AT A HOUSE YOU HAVE LISTED FOR 28,000 ON 1185 FAIRWAY.BUT IT IS A HUD HOUSE, HOW DO I GO ABOUT TRYING TO BUY THE HOUSE.
  • January 07 2011 - Beaumont
  • 0

Profile picture for Beaumont Realtor
Hi, I am approved HUD agent.  I will be happy to help you find a HUD home. Earnest money deposit on HUD houses are $500.00 below $50,000. and anything over is $1,000.  Just give me a call and I will set you up on an automatic e-mail for all HUD homes and Fannie Mae.

you need an agent that is approved to sell hud homes..not all of them are ...you will need a pro ...there is a way to have an auto search set up through an agent

Profile picture for The LaPeer Team
The house already has a pending contract. If you would like to receive listings that meet your criteria, let me know and I will set up a search that will go to your email automatically. You will want to be pre-qualified w/a lender if you are getting a loan or be prepared to show proof of funds. Also, any Realtor you use to show you homes must have a HUD key to show you HUD homes. Putting an offer on them is actually quite easy.

HUD requires $500 in earnest money for all homes priced below 50K.  You will need the assistance of a Realtor to place a bid.  You can check the agent directory on Zillow.

Naima

Contact a real estate agent in Beaumont Texas and ask to see the property. The agent can tell you if the property is still for sale and what is required for earnest money and down payment.