Profile picture for miss brenda

how can i get help now that my lender wants to accelerate my loan and try to foreclose? i was laid

i was laid off, am now back to work, but they refuse to allow me to catch up

September 12 2009 - Coshocton

Miss Brenda,

You definitely need to find a good loan modification Attorney.  I recommend calling around to them and these are the key things you need to make sure they offer:
1.  100% money back guarantee
2.  Free prequalification upfront to determine whether you qualify for a modification or not.
3.  Make sure they are an actual Attorney, i.e. only sign a Attorney retainer agreement, do not sign anything else otherwise they are not an attorney firm and are a misrepresenting themselves.  The Attorney Retainer will be sent to you after you are prequalified for free up front.
4.  Make sure they have close to 100% success in modification.

The reason I say call a few is that when you talk to the different firms you will get an idea of who really knows what they are doing and are willing to help you vs just trying to take your money.  Use common sense.

Best of Luck!

Get an Attorney!! You may get a judgment against you for the difference of the sale amount versus the actual delinquent loan. They may want your property back depending on how much they bought the note for and the differential costs of modifying versus foreclosing. Contact me if you would like to see what our attorneys can do- best of luck!

Don't give up. It's not as easy as the banks make it seem to get a workout. Try and talk to some other folks who got results from a loan modification company and/or an attorney.  Document everything you do.  Some banks allow household income including part time jobs and room rentals.  Good luck.

Profile picture for elmanuel03
it takes almost a year until my lender give up, now they give a trial period payment for three months, my second loan just modify my loan right after my last payment of they tree months trial. hopefully my first lender will do the same too. i am saying to people call the bank every day until you get what you want show them facts of your incomes.

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
Lenders don't want your property back if you can start paying on time again. 

ohio is a full-recourse state and allows deficiency judgments, right? so they are kindof enjoying a bonanza from this sale, probably... right? i would contact an attourney ASAP, and then go back to customer service... take lots of notes... i think you might be able to beat the deficiency judgment if they foreclose on you... but you will need evidence.

Get with a competent loan modification company or attorney.

I suspect you reached some idiot at customer service.  Lenders don't want your property back if you can start paying on time again.  Ask for the supervisor.