how can i take the zestimate of my house ad ? it is wrong

my house is 1 year old and worth at least 260.000 but the zestimate say it is 48.000 what can i do to remove that it is killing the value of my house ???? HELP PLEASE ????
  • March 28 2012 - Hephzibah
  • 0

While you can't remove the Zestimate from your ad, there are several things you can do.   For example, if your house is one year old are they showing the correct sales price for the house?   Or, is it possible the last sales price was a lot price only without the house?  (if incorrect, flag it so they can calculate appropriately).   

Do you have a recent appraisal?  If so, you can share it in the "owner's comments" associated with the Zestimate.

Are all the facts accurate?   If not, edit them appropriate.  The Zestimate does respond but it does take several weeks to a couple of months.

I can understand your concern.  If your house is one year old, it is likely being impacted by lots being sold in your area, though I believe zestimates are supposed to account for that.  However, the math isn't perfect since every house is unique.

I would not worry about the zestimate, though. It is not a scientific approach, and Zillow even says that it is only there to be used as a starting point for buyers.  It is not intended to replace a true appraisal.  The value on my own house has been fluctuating rapidly and I know the value is very wrong.

Even if your house is for sale, buyers will understand that the zestimate is simply wrong.  If it isn't for sale, then the zestimate is just a number. It won't be used for anything.  I often suggest to home owners to ignore numbers like this because they do not impact you and they can't be changed, anyway.

I hope that helps a little!