Profile picture for southerncubb

how can my mom get a VA loan with a 580 credit score?

my mom is trying to get a va loan and refinance our house to pay off our debt so we can focus on getting things back to normal after my fathers death. is there anyone that can help us or knows someone who can? thank you 
  • January 15 - Sumter
  • 0

[promotion deleted by ZIllow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
  • February 16

There are lenders out there that can go as low as 580, and sometimes 560 for VA loans. So if you are above that range then you should be able to get a mortgage. Although, if you do spend some time fixing your credit, you will be in a much better position that will allow you more flexibility. The simplest way to fix your credit is to pay off your debt and revolving credit balance on time. Once you are in this range of 580+, you will have more options open to you. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

• January 17

some lenders are able to go down to a 580 middle score with the VA loan program. Shop around and find out who is able to do that for you. Most companies, however, require a 600 or 620 middle score. hope this helps! 
  • January 16

Profile picture for southerncubb
we are in south carolina.
  • January 15

Profile picture for Adam Karno
I do have a program that will allow her to get a VA loan. Can you tell me what state you are in or email me a [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]
  • January 15