Profile picture for christinamaria

how do I correct info in Zillow?

ex. 1 family home $137,500 - but no home - has a stream and sewer lines going through the entire property and only .72 acres Zillow #61994262

another property $173,000 - info correct but property floods because of culvert too small and town won't fix - had up to 4 feet water in basement - cliffs on one side - need flood insurance because of inadequate culvert system Zillow #5807665
  • January 10 2012 - Norwich
  • 0

Profile picture for christinamaria
yes to #1 - it now has the correct assessment but it has in the past listed my .72 acre at $172,000; $132,000 and I think the company that assesses the properties uses Zillow for reference as they have assessed my property the same as Zillow exactly and then I have to go for hearings and in front of the Board of Assessors to prove that it's not worth that much

#2 my concern is again that the property is listed as if it were perfect with 1.91 acres with a house but it doesn't indicate that the land is in a Federal flood zone on one side and cliffs on the other - so it is not available as lots to build houses on

thank you for your reply - I really appreciate it

So, let's see if I understand:

Property 1 says in the description that it is a single family home, but it is actually a vacant lot.  The public facts confirm that it has no house.

Property 2 is factually correct but doesn't mention the drainage issue.  (Note: this is not something that Zillow provides.)

Is that correct?