Profile picture for yourneighbor1

how do I find an agent w/out being bombarded by calls, or having my tenants bothered?

It's quizzical to me that when I'm selling a home, I get 30-50 calls a day by agents wanting to list it. When I'm buying a home, I get the sound of crickets chirping, as if no agents exist. I'm tempted to sell it myself as I did that once in another state, and sold the house in one week.  I'd like to find an agent who, for 6% of the sales price does more than list the house on the MLS and stick a sign in the yard that seems to have the purpose of advertising the agent more than the house. 

May 06 - Roswell

There are so many question to be asked when selling rental property.  Your tax affect.  Will the rent vs the new owner mortgage make sense.  What is your agreement with the current tenant for showings?  Is the property in "show" condition with the current tenants?  As quick as inventory is selling at this time, my buyers questions anything still on the market after three months and that include investors. 

May 15
If your property is a rental with tenants in place. One of your questions to possible listing agents should be to find out if they work with investors who may buy the property with a tenant in place. If you are going to hire an agent, find one with out of the box advertising programs. Television, home shows, 500+ website affiliations, professional photos, free appraisal and appraisal protection.

May 13
I agree with Grant! Now is the time to hire the best Realtor with the best internet  marketing program.
I am the believe of, you get what you pay for.  I wish you the best of everything,
Kari.

May 07
Your first sentence is quizzical to me - when you're selling a home you get calls? Calls from agents to list the home? I'll assume that you mean if/when you list "by owner"; agents are not permitted to solicit listings from sellers already under contract.

As far as the next point and chirping crickets, you should be working with one, trusted and vetted agent. Have a definition of success and act when it's found.

This isn't rocket science, unfortunately this industry has no performance bars so you see a clear case of 90% of the work done by 10% of the quality agents.

If you do your homework - starting here - and ask the very pointed questions, you can find a pro that will handle things properly. If you don't, nothing will change for you.

May 07
Hire a top gun agent.  Don't penny pinch on flat fee providers on what is most likely your single biggest asset and quite possibly most fruitful investment in your personal portfolio.   

May 06
I frequently help buyers and sellers with their real estate needs.  With most of the prospective buyers starting on line it is the best place to advertise for sellers and for agents.  Agents in this market need to spend most of their time getting the price right for the seller and the buyers by completing the comparative market analysis.  

As you know, zestimates can only do a paper study on the value of the home and don't consider condition which is what the real estate agent must do to properly list or help a buyer offer on a home.  So, in answer to your question, find a agent that will take the time to provide you with comparative market analysis and then follow up to ensure the home is listed on all the major websites through their company..  I would suggest a Major Brand like Coldwell Banker that has the advertising built in for the agents.  They pay for it out of their commission so it works for all.  

May 06
Profile picture for Dunes ..
Well I would suggest before you "find an agent who, for 6%"...take a minute and be sure you know all your options...and some of the "facts"

For example...
According to the DOJ the average Full Service Commission has been between 5% and 5.5% for over 10 years

Did you know Rebates are legal in your State?
Are you aware of your Flat Fee/Fee for Service Options
(According to the National Association of Realtors 3 out of 10 sellers do not use Full Service..they use no agent or just use an Agent to get listed on the local MLS or maybe help with paperwork or or)
The 7 out of 10 sellers who use Full Service...Some get Rebates and obviously with a 5% to 5.5% average a good number of that 7 are not paying 6%

The info above is from the Dept of Justice Anti Trust website...Competition & Real Estate
Covers laws (Rebates)..options in Service (Flat Fee..Full Service ect.)
&
The 2013 NAR Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers

No magic pill ya just have to become as informed as ya can and shop smart...it's a Buyers Market for RE Services right now for the consumer
High Inventory of Agents/Agencies..Low Inventory of Paychecks/sales

Be informed..Shop Smart..Do what works for you not them

May 06
You want an agent that does more than the "3P's" , Post it, Place it and Pray.   I would recommend you find an agent that can give you a detailed written marketing plan and a pledge of service that includes the ability to fire them.   Wish I could help more than that

May 06