how do I find iout which agent has sold/ has the most experience w malden ma

August 19 2013 - Malden

Your question doesn't say if you're looking for a Buyers or Sellers agent.  With today's market having a shortage of available inventory, some Buyers are seeking Listing Agents for representation.  So with that in mind, I'll answer how to find the most experienced agents for both Buyers and Sellers.

Total experience is fine but look at a different industry for a moment.  Pilots are required to have two types of experience before they are eligible to fly for the major airlines.  Total time flying is the main experience level but add to that requirement "type" experience as well.  A military pilot who flies Navy jets off an aircraft carrier could not change to an airline without additional training as well as experience.

The same thought for real estate experience holds true.  So, if you're looking to find an agent to sell your property, it's easy to see who list the most homes in Malden by looking at properties For Sale.  This doesn't show how many they have sold but currently listed for sale.  Zillow shows total listings for sale by an agent but you can look deeper to find they are stretched over an area that is so large it doesn't give a true picture of your local area.  

If you're looking for an experienced Buyer's Agent, that information could be found by searching the Find a Pro on Zillow and entering Malden, MA.  Read the agent's profile and reviews.  The reviews say if they helped as a Buyer's or Seller's broker.  Reviews are an excellent source of information regardless of experience.  

Good luck searching for the right agent for your specific needs.

Bob

I have closed 36 deals this year. Contact me if your interested in working with a Top Producing agent.

the person that has sold most may not be the best person for you to help you achieve your objectives and goals.  As Amy mentioned talk to a few and see who you click with best.  You want an agent that is going to be there for you not someone that will pass you on to an assistant or "team".  If you hire a specific person you should be dealing with that person so make sure they have the time to assist you and provide you with the best service as this is typically  large transaction for most people.  You can find contact a few from here by checking out their profiles or you can ask friends/family for referrals.  If you have any questions let me know through my profile here.  Best of luck

Not sure why that is a big factor for you.  I've sold homes in 1 day and both were within my Rookie year as an agent!  Many agents work as teams where several agents work under one person's name; are they giving you stats for the group, not each person.  An agent with many years of experience may just have such a large referral business that they had better be selling lots of listings!  I think what you might consider is who are the agents you can best work with?  You are entrusting the largest financial investment of your life to someone who will be intimately connected with your family for a period of time.  Find someone you can honestly communicate with, who listens to you, who thinks creatively, markets strategically, is willing to put forth a maximum effort, who is accessible and accountable.  Ask friends and relatives for good experiences, then meet the agent and go with your gut.  If you are not located in my Metro area (Anne Arundel County, MD) please allow me to assist with my national network of proven agents for a referral.   Best of luck!  For all your Real Estate needs, ask an expert....ask Amy!

A Realtor that has sold the most homes in a year may not be the best Buyer's Agent.  There are Realtors who specialize in listing homes for sale.  To find a good Buyer's Agent, ask your family, friends, co-workers, etc. to recommend a Buyer's Agent.