how do I find out if a house has ever been condemned in the past or been treated for termites?

• February 03 2013 - Visalia

thank you :) I love country homes with character, I have a tendency to see the potential of a house and not so much the realities and wind up with regret....I hope I am not making that same mistake, but more than likely I mite be.....

When a pest company does an inspection they usually leave a tag with the date of inspection and those are kept on file and available to you if you call them.  Usually these are on access doors to under the home or sometimes by water heater. 
   You can call the city to find out if the property has been condemned or has any code violations. In Visalia, some information is provided on the cities web site about permits but for complete information it is best to give them a call.  They will direct you to who you need to talk to you.  Good luck!

Sincerely,
Kohlee Barbeau
RE/MAX All Estates
559-679-4813
Http://www.REVisalia.com