Profile picture for patty407

how do I find out if a property is a short sale or a foreclosure?

There are a few houses I ve seen on this site and I send them to my realtor when I do, they turn out to be a short sale or a forclosure!!! i am so frustrated and I wish to know how i can spot wether or not the property is a shor sale or foreclosure!!!!! before wasting my time on it :(
  • March 18 2009 - Orlando
  • 0

Broker Dave is correct... it is best to keep sending them to your agent and letting them find out for you. You can look as hard as you want but unless you have a seasoned agent working for you to find out the scope then you will keep running into this problem.

Good luck to you!

[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Patty,

If your sending them to your agent that is the best way to continue as they have the same resources and time frame of checking them out as anyone here, unless they are not if so then I'll help.

A quick way to check out foreclosures is the property appraisers website showing owners name.

As for short sales it's a bit tricky the local MLS would be the best source for this information.

Reason: For Sale By Owners and Owners of properties listed with Realtors who are trying to help are posting property on website's themselves and some are not disclosing the short sale.

Ask your Realtor to set you up on auto-MLS and you will be able to check them out. 

Hello:

If you are looking at homes in the Southern California area, please give me a call.  I would be more then happy to assist you.

Many thanks,

Deborah

Why are you wasting your time with them?  My clients have saves $100000s buying foreclosures.

Perhaps this will help:

10 Ways to Win the REO Multiple Offer Wars

:) PS

Profile picture for vinchris7