Profile picture for carman73

how do I find owner's name on property?

I owned a condo. I was foreclosed on by the bank. My atty. gave me a sale date of 9/8/10. The condo is vacant. The association claims no knowledge of sale. All utilities are off. I want to make sure I am free and clear if freeze damage occurs.

December 01 2010 - US

Profile picture for crt2338
The local tax assessment agency for the county or parish in which the property resides in is the best free way to identify the current owner of the property.

Also as another outlet, their are a few websites and companies that do this research for a fee. Local title companies will sometimes provide this service.[hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]  is a simple title research firm that provides this service throughout the US. Some other websites rely on a large database but can sometimes become outdated and are do not always have data for the area in which the property you are looking for is located. [websites removed by Zillow moderator] are some of the website that do this.

The sale will be registered with the County or City where you live, and should be on the tax records.  In most areas you can check tax records online.  Or call the Real Estate tax office in the area you live in and ask them to check the tax record to see if your name has been removed.