Profile picture for dawnmc1

how do I find the value of my home

• October 12 2009 - Camden

My suggestion is for you contact a local agent and have them physically look at your home and complete a "Market Analysis" for you at no charge. If you're in the Northern NJ area I can help you.

The Market Analysis will give you what has sold in your neighborhood (home similar to yours...number of bedrooms, bath's etc). The agent will then recommend a price range as to what your house can be put on the market for. While this is not an exact science and also depends on the condition of your home, it's a guestimate (based on actual sold homes). 

Zillow Zestimates are another avenue and are getting better but they have been very high on some homes and very low on other's because they don't take the time and do the research an agent will do. If you need any further help, please contact me even if you're not in my marketing area I can recommend a top local agent for you to contact.
Regards,
JOE