Profile picture for lsh1959

how do I get a value of my home

November 08 2011 - Town of Winchendon

You need to contact a Real Estate Agent and get a Market Analysis.

Profile picture for shef1205
I would urge you to use the resources suggested above, mainly local brokers, agents and consultants. They can review ALL of the features of your home and compare it with similar houses sold in your area to establish a realistic estimate of fair market value.
I would not consider using an estimate provided by Zillow because those simply do not take into account the numerous specifics of your home. I think such estimates are somewhat helpful when considering a move and investigating different neighborhoods to get a broad idea of home values, but do not count on a great deal of accuracy. 

You can use a broker for informal purposes, but you may need a fee paid appraisal for more formal purposes (some estate matters and some divorce proceedings).

Anyways, in my profile is a  free report that details how to increase the value off your home.  I hope it helps.

If you want to know the roughly estimate then click on the followed link http://www.zillow.com/ , type your address in the Find homes box then hit the GO button, not all homes in US have the Zestimate.

Is the question what's the value or what is a buyer willing to pay? Value can be determined by an appraisal. What a buyer will pay (which is Less than value in most markets can be determined by a realtor.

Contact a Good Real Estate Consultant for a Comparative Market Analysis.  Make sure it  includes 1) Expired Listings (What Was Priced Incorrectly) 2) Sold Listings (What Was Done Right) and 3) Current Listings (Your Competition).  This will allow you to compose a pricing strategy that works best for you.

I'm not sure where you live, but I am available to consult anytime for free.  Just contact me through my profile and I always respond.

MarKus - Premier Real Estate Consultant

You can locate a local realtor and request a CMA - current market analysis for your home. Of course, Zillow also will give you an estimate, just type in your address on the home page. Another source could be your county property appraiser office. We have one here in Manatee county Florida and it's a great tool.