Profile picture for majid mafi

how do I get rid of MIP ? can I get an other loan to cover the 17% from an other bank wthout equity

I wlould like to get a loan to pay the 17% to avoid paying for the monthly MIP. Please advise if you have a solution I have a fair credit history and a verry good income. Thank you.but do not have equity in this home. I just got this new home last year , May 2013.
  • February 12 2014 - Dover
  • 0

Best Answer

That will not work, even if you had equity or borrowed against a 401K and paid the loan down 17% the monthly MI will be charged for a minimum of 5 years. 

NEWS BULLETIN.. MIP Now lasts for the entire life of the loan.

Not for this poster's FHA loan.

NEWS BULLETIN.. MIP Now lasts for the entire life of the loan.  The only thing is to refinance and get rid of that present loan.

The 5 year window is the minimum. If you look at the docs you received at Closing ( schedule of payments ) you will see the monthly MI is charged for about 9-10 years if you make regular payments. If you want to get it removed at 5 years it will take a significant principal reduction to get the balance to 78%. I am not sure if you can remove your name but I think you can change it to something else.   

Profile picture for majid mafi
Thank you for your unswer I will try that and let you know the result. Can I delete my name from this page? you  are also my choice of best answer. 

Profile picture for GMerino

Have you gained any equity in your home?  From what you have informed us you have an FHA home loan; best thing to do is refinance your loan to a conventional loan and see if you could do a lender paid mi loan.  Inquire to see if it is worth the cost and see if you will save money from doing so.