how do I handle this title issue?

I paid off my home loan almost a year ago with Wells Fargo. There is an on going problem with clearing the title. The county has rejected the banks documents and Title Guarantee, who I have an open escrow at, cannot help resolve the issue with the bank after several months of attempting to have them correct the problems with power of attorney issues. Can you give me any guidance with this problem?
  • September 24 2013 - Honolulu

Profile picture for shapiroamg
If you have an owner's title insurance policy, I would suggest speaking to them immediately.

Problem is the escrow company reviewed the county release recording and refused to accept it and issue a title guarantee.
My mortgage is one of the post 2003 papers sold and resold and packages and confused in the assignment game the mortgage companies played to bring us to the bursting of the bubble way back when.
So, how does one begin to unravel this problem?
Lawyers, letters, phone calls are not working at this time.

If you have the actual release of lien you can usually go to the county and have it removed yourself.