Profile picture for Camas Homes

how do I inform Zillow if I fully renovate my house? is this change the Zestimate on my property?

I have spent about 30000 to renew my house in Camas. how do I let Zillow know to update the zestimate on my place? what do I need for proof of my renovation?

April 23 2011 - Camas

The Zestimate is calculated from the core facts on your house, the size, the location, the lot size, the room numbers plus comps from your area.   If you've made renovations to affect the square footage, then claiming your home and edit the facts may change the Zestimate (but be patient, it may take several weeks to several months).

However, if what you've done is remodeling and adding upgrades with changing the square feet, these are not features that are part of the calculation for the Zestimate.   You can call them out in the "my estimate" portion of your claimed home.   With the "my estimate" feature, you can chose to make it public or make it private.   If you are putting the house on the market, then making it public may be useful.  Otherwise, unless you like to invite the burglars, I'd keep it private.