how do I list my home for sale

• May 20 2013 - Minerva Park
  • 0

I agree with last agent.   Find that Realtor, you feel comfortable and confident with.  Not the agent with the highest listing price.
You have made a good start by connecting with Zillow.  See reviews of agents in your area.  Ask your banker, your insurance agent if they have a recommendation for you.    Flashy power points do not sell homes.  Find the agent that will work for you and does not claim to have the most listings in the county.   Good luck and I am sure you will find that right Agent to represent you.  Yes you will be signing a listing contract but I tell all my clients if they are not happy with my services the listing is void with a written request and permission from the Broker.   Agents do not want to work with unhappy sellers and sellers do not want to work with Agents they are not happy with.

Choosing a listing agent is an interview process.  Interview several agents and pick the one that is more interested in pricing to sell not to "lets try it and we can always go down".  Also, be careful about listing with an agent who more interested in marketing himself than your home.

Good Luck, Have a great day.

If you wish to list your home for sale by owner on Zillow, the Zillow help center provides instructions.

Profile picture for Kerryn Ellson

If you are a first time home seller, it is important to work with an agent who can educate and guide you through the process.  Take the time to interview several local agents and choose the one you feel most comfortable with.  Don't just choose the one who gives you the highest listing price! I hope this information is helpful and have a great day!!