Profile picture for zhanghong

how do I locate the open houses near good schools?

Hi, I tried to figure out an efficient way to limit my search within some good school districts (and a good neighborhood in general) without luck. I noticed on each open house list there is a link to the school it belongs to, but I couldn't find a way to search for open houses within a good school district.
Is such an option available? 
I have a list of good schools I have in mind thus like to have a quick way of locating all these open houses available for these schools...

thanks ahead,

Hong

December 17 2009 - Sunnyvale

It's up to you to decide the neighbohoods where you would like to live.  Once you decide the neighbohoods where you would like to live, find a Buyer's Agent to help you find a home you like.  Many homes for sale don't have Open Houses, so you are missing out on looking at all the homes for sale in your purchase price range.  A Buyer's Agent works for you, but his/her commission is paid by the Seller.  Ask friends, family, co-workers, etc. for the name of a good Buyer's Agent.  Interview those Buyer's Agents, & pick the one who most closely fits your needs.

You may check the www.mlslistings.com to find out the open house. When you visit them, You can talk to the agents to see which one you may like to interview.

Profile picture for SchoolDistrictFinder
Hong,

I understand how important the school means to parents like us. One thing worth mentioning, is that houses near a good school, does not guarantee your loved little ones go to that school - even if it is in the same school district with that good school.

Each school has its own zone, and that school is supposed to accept students who lives in that zone. While exceptions may exist, having lived in the bay area for several years, I know schools in the north California area are very strict on this.

I would suggest calling local school district office before you make your final decision.

Good Luck.

I suggest you get on the website of each school on your list to make your own map.  
For example, this great high school in east side has a lottery using odd and even numbers on the same street. The school boundary changes from time to time. With school closure it will dramatically change what you had planned. Your home price can go up and go against your goal.

Realtors normally can inform about the school districts and leave parents to verify.  Skilled realtors caution people who are obsessed with test scores and forget parents primary mission is find a home with the budget constraint.

Hong: In new Jersey you could contact me and I would be able to assist you in your search. Regards,

Profile picture for Frank Festa
Latest reply by Frank Festa
January 20 2010 | 5 answers
  • Posted by zhanghong
  • In Schools

1. 1448 Floyd Ave, Sunnyvale, CA Home For Sale
    1448 Floyd Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

For Sale: $1,288,888

2. 810 Gary Ave, Sunnyvale, CA Home For Sale
    810 Gary Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086

For Sale: $1,450,000

3. 3147 Taper Ave, Santa Clara, CA Home For Sale
    3147 Taper Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051