Profile picture for BlairBok

how do I pull comps?

• March 30 2009 - US

Profile picture for QuestionableAZ
I have found that in atleast Arizona we are flooded with agents that give marked up comps unfortunately.  I had an agent tell me that a listing price in the neighborhood should be added to COMPS to try and pull a higher offer for an investment company that they work closely with.  Good thing I was able to run comps on zillow and a few other prices to validate her claims, and she did not even put in a few homes that closed $10-20 sq ft less, claiming that the home has a higher value.  Beware of Keller Williams in AZ, and possibly most realtors in Phoenix there almost all sharks out to get a buck, and if they get reduced commission they would rather not deal with it as its the same amount of work to do for 700-800 less. You guys make in one sale what a normal individual earns in a month and thats with the reduced commission.  Why not process more sales with greater benefits to your clients and get a satisfied customer base that would recommend to friends,family,etc.   I have even have gone to put in offers on fix-up properties that were being short sold, and realtor who listed the property refused to even submit my offer for consideration.  Who the heck is she to make a decision without even consulting her client.  Keeping in mind this was a short sale.  Well the search and frustration continues...

If you are a member of a Realtor Association you will be able to access Comps from the MLS page, it should give you that option. You can also call your local title company and request comps on a particular address. Hope that helps.