Profile picture for aliboo418

how do i find a homes value if its way different from the ones around it?

It is compleatly  different from the ones around it in terms of land, house and condition. It has not been on the market in awhile so no prior estates available.
  • November 08 2012 - US

Profile picture for aliboo418
Well I'm not sure if anyone has the courage to approach it. All the Windows are missing, the property is over grown. It's full of things and have been sitting for atleast 20 years. I recived permission to go to the property at my own risk of course. Lol I was amazed. Beyond all the trash it defines fixer upper lol. It has bats snakes resident to the house. How ever I'm in love with the property and despratly seeking advice. I made an offer off of my own estimtes to the area of course it was semi low ball because the condition. It is in Georgia.

I love these kinds of properties...they are truely a challenge for Realtors to market--and sell--for a high price.

Not sure where you are, but make sure you find a Realtor that can present you with enough data to convince you as to WHY it is worth "x."  With these kinds of tough properties, I recommend that you interview at least 5 Realtors, and then use your own common sense with which one you trust more.

In the end, a good Realtor will have to supply the Appraiser with a lot of help because the appraiser probably won't know much about the property either...my most favorite thing in the world in my day-to-day duties as a Realtor is challenging appraisers on these sorts of properties--and winning, of course.  My clients are always super happy with the epic battles, and especially when the outcome is to their favor lol.

Best wishes from So-Cal