Profile picture for kelkel321

how do i find out how much a house sold for previously? 58 ZION ACRES RD, NORTH EAST, MD 21901

• January 30 2010 - Fort Washington
  • 1

You might try checking out the actual recorded deed for the price. It is usually recorded using the transfer fees as a basis. With that said, if the sale has been too recent, the recording may not have taken place yet. Some MLS systems are beginning to give Sold stats as well as Active listings. I'm not sure what MARIS is doing.

George, what a great reference tool you have given to kelkel321 and others here on Zillow, that is a great link! Thank you!
I looked at several properties already...but one question. If this home is in fact owned, but the property shows no transfers, I am scratching my head as to how the present owner obtained ownership without the proverbial transfer?
The logical answer I sumrised is this data base only goes back a certain number of years, and the original purchase occurred previous to the database creation. I tried to find any references to dates etc but could not. Do you know any limitations regarding time on this tool? Thanks, Jim.

You can look that up on the Md. Department of Assessment and Taxation real property database.  You won't get closing help info and things like that, but this property doesn't show any transfers yet.

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/details.aspx?County=08&SearchType=STREET&AccountNumber=09%20%20008608

Why do you want to know how much a house sold for previously?  I hear this question a lot, and it seems that usually people feel that the prior sale price has something to do with the current sale price.  If you are interested in the value of homes in that area, you can visit my profile, and in the top of the about me section, you will find a link to a tool that will provide excellent market data for any property in Maryland for free.