Profile picture for carmacat

how do i find the value on a house i saw? i thought i could put in the address and get a price from

• July 08 2010 - Sylmar
  • 0

No worries. It happens sometimes. Thumbs up and hope you have a great day! :)

Oh, I didn't see the date. Thanks.

This question is from 2010 so I hope that this poster found what they needed. To get a Zestimate,, you can go here enter the address in the Find Homes box and hit the blue GO button. If Zillow has one for the house, a map will come up for the area. Click on the address box to get to the home page. Not all houses have one, but most do.

A Zestimate is not an appraisal though. There is more information about Zestimates here. Hope it helps.

You can get a Zestimate by typing the property address in the search bar and select the correct property from the results. If you can't find the address in the results page, it may be that Zillow does not have that information available. You can contact a local agent to give you an estimated value on the property.

Profile picture for Mills Realty
If you are looking for the Zestimate you should be able to find it by just typing in the address and scrolling down to the results.  If the Zestimate is not available due to Zillow having limited information then you will need to contact a local Realtor to assist you. Keep in mind that the Zestimate is a tool, but should not be used for market value.  If you are looking for accuracy then you need to contact a Realtor or an appraiser.

Simon Mills
Mills Realty

Profile picture for Rainbow_Rider
I wonder if this poster is having the same problem I am - I put in my address to get a Zestimate on my home, but it keeps telling me the address isn't found / doesn't match.  Trying to find how to fix this in the FAQs but so far no luck.

What my colleagues are talking about is having an experienced local Realtor do a comparable market analysis for you to find out what similar homes near the house you saw have recently sold for. Finding out what buyers have recently paid for comparable houses nearby is one of the best ways to determine the value of a house. A Realtor like myself would be happy to do this for you free of charge. Or, if you are seriously thinking about purchasing this home, it might be worth getting an appraisal done. Let me know if I can be of service, I'd be happy to help you determine the value of the house, you'd just have to send me the address. Hope this helps!

Aloha!  What you will find on Zillow is an estimate--the best way to find market price is  to  find a Realtor in your area--

Carmacat, Value on the zillow site is just a zestimate. My advice to you is to find a local agent. The multiple listing service supports the largest summary of solds for a neighborhood and a real estate agent will be your best navigator and counsel. If you put in the zip code on the zillow search of the property, you will see a number of premier zillow agents for the area pick one.