Profile picture for anakin32

how do i get trend information to prove my property tax assesment is incorrect?

• May 03 2010 - Milpitas
  • 0

You can take a look at Zillow's charts here by city, zip code or neighborhood. You need to get 3-8 comps of houses that have sold like yours for less per square foot to be able to build a case for the assessor. A downward trend in values will not be enough to win your appeal so be prepared to provide recently sold houses as proof of a loss of value along with the trend information. Hope it helps.

Hello Anakin, there is some good info on the county assessors office website at:
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/asr/
On the right upper side of the screen click on "Assessment Appeals" then scroll down to the bottom for FAQ's and the official Appeal Application links.  If you want to email me your address, I would be happy to supply you with a complimentary neighborhood sold comparables report to assist with your appeal.  Zillow does not allow me to post my website or email here so you'll have to click on my name to view my Zillow profile where you can find my contact info.  Kind regards.

I would have a local Realtor review the comps for your property, they can pull these from your local MLS. This will give you an approximate value for your property.