Profile picture for vandyi

how do i make a bid

July 10 2013 - Modesto

Your question: How do I make a bid? I would also assume that you are referring to 'How would I go about making an offer on a home?'...if I am right in understanding you then it all starts by connecting with a good real estate Broker.  Your agent will guide you through the process and help you find the right lender.  As the majority of buyers finance their home, it's important to identify the right lender that not only takes the time to answer your questions, but can also provide great service and interest rates!

Many times I speak with buyers who share their previous experiences and many are not good!  I work with the best lenders in the area and they go out of their way to make your experience first-class.

Between the lender and agent...the rest is rather easy!  

Yes, there is a lot more to discuss, but for now start with the right agent.

Best of luck!

September 15
Your question sounds like you would like to make an offer on a home?  Because I am not sure what type of property you are referring to, I will assume that it is a typical property listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) in your area.  The first question a Realtor will ask you is if you are already pre-approved for a loan.  If not, your Realtor can give you several recommendations.  If you are paying all-cash, your Realtor will ask you for a copy of the statement which shows your proof of funds.  When making an offer, it is important to have your financing verifiable to show the seller that you are a serious and capable buyer.  This is especially important when there are multiple offers.  A seller will most likely want to choose the offer that appears strongest with respect to terms, financing, etc.  Once your financing is in place, you are ready to make an offer on the property you are interested in.  Most likely, your Realtor will prepare an analysis of recent sales in the immediate area to help you decide what price to offer.  Your Realtor will walk you through the offer process.  Once your offer is complete, your Realtor will submit it to the listing agent and the negotiations begin from there.  As a recap, you want to select a Realtor and have your financing in place before you make an offer on a property. Good luck!

August 29
Call me and we can set up a meeting to make an offer on a listed home. Or I can answer all your questions. Thanks. - Brad

<Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see Good Neighbor Policy.>

There's not enough information in your question to give a definitive answer.  Ask friends, co-workers, family, etc. to recommend an experienced, local real estate agent.  Your agent will work on your behalf and at no cost to you.

If a house is being foreclosed, often the bids are on the court house steps.  You will have to determine how and where to do so in your community.

While Zillow shows foreclosures from third party providers, Zillow is not an foreclosure auction site.