Profile picture for pennyscism

how do i obtain a cma on my home

October 31 2011 - Wewoka

Call at least 3 local Real Estate offices, these numbers can be found in your yellow pages.  I suggest calling 3 because CMAs are not written in stone and you need more than just one opinion.

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor

if you haven't found anyone by now.  I can give you the names of a handful of people that work the wewoka area.   there is a big office there in town, so if you don't want to use someone from that office, let me know and I'll send you three or four names of Reatlors from Tec/Shawnee that work out toward you.   I can't put their names here...that's too close to bending the rules for promotion.  I'll give you more than one set of names so it's still a choice.
then you can all each of them and talk and find one.

Have your local Real Estate agent expert help you. Look for a Realtor that will not charge you for the CMA. Ask for a  FREE CMA REQUEST to see what's the current market value of your home in todays market. Many of us do it as a courtesy. Good Luck.

I would contact a Local Realtor who performs BPO (Broker Price Opinion) for Corporate Clients. Corporate Clients usually require alot of training by Brokers in order to perform the BPOs.

A local Realtor is your best bet. They have the latest, current, up to date info on what has sold, DOM (days on market), price square footage etc and are best able to provide the CMA.  They also know what is active on the market, in contract and pending.Good luck. 

Penny

The best way to have a CMA completed on your home is to call a real estate professional.   Find a Realtor in your area that you feel comfortable with that has a history of selling property in your area.  It is perfectly acceptable to interview the agent that you are working with to see if there is a fit.

Good luck.

I am wondering if you were able to find anyone to do one for you.   since you are in wewoka you aren't going to find a lot of agents on here for that area.  you can call anyone in the area to do it for you.  not all agents in the wewoka area are a member of a MLS.  there is an MLS in shawnee and some of the ones that live in your area are members there- I reccommend asking that question- are you a member of an MLS and if so which one.  the advantage to using someone that is a member is that they  have access to more information that an agent that is just looking at county records.   that doesn't necessarily mean they are better but I would start that conversation anyway.

if you don't want to call the ones there in town, there are several offices in Seminole.  there's a couple of offices in Tecumseh and even though that seems far away, many of those people work the wewoka area (I did when I was there).  there's always holdenville reatlors too.  I'm too far away and don't work that area anymore otherwise I'd offer it- but I am out of touch with the values since I have moved away. Best of luck to you!

Zilllow does not have CMA's only an agent can do one of those, but to get a Zesimate, you can go here enter the address in the Find Homes box and hit the blue GO button. If Zillow has one for the house, a map will come up for the area. Click on the address box to get to the home page. There is more information about Zestimates here.

There are a lot of great agents on Zillow so if you need more info you can also ask a local agent for a CMA. Most agents are happy to help you or discuss recently sold houses in your area to help you get a more specific idea about your value. 

Hello ... I would recomment that you contact a Realtor. Ask them to please prepare a CMA using all ( including short sales and REO ) comparable "active" listings and "sold" listing ( in the last 90-120 days ) within a 1 mile radius. Have the Realtor show you their reports on these listings ( hopefully, they will also have photos ). The Realtor should then use the CMA to recommend your suggested asking/listing price.

Most Realtor's are more than happy to create a CMA for a homeowner.
Where do you live?

Any local realtor should be able to compile a CMA on your home. I would suggest searching for one on google or asking a friend for a referral to a great local agent.
Regards,
Rodney A. Woodstock, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty of Jupiter, Florida