how do i search for homes by school district?

I don't want to search by zip code, as there may be multiple schools in a single zip code. I only want to see houses that fall within the zone of a particular school. how do I do that please?

Thanks very much!

David
  • September 19 2013 - Vienna
  • 0

• Ice L.Zillow
All -

Thank you for the feedback.

We are working to get the school zone filter back into the map. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we resolve the issue.

Ice

This feature appears to be gone with the latest webpage rewrite. :-( :-( !!!!!

Hi David,

I just went through this.

Here is how I did it:

1. Enter "Vienna VA" in the main search box.

2. From the results page, go to the Local Info link on the menu and select "Vienna Schools"

3. Find the school you want and click on it to go to that school page.

4. Below the school rating, click on the link that reads "Homes for sale in [school name] attendance zone".

That should do it.

Unfortunately, what I found is that these school boundaries are grossly outdated (looks like they are -at least- 7 years old).  Even the disclaimer at the bottom of the page says it:
"Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by a third party provider and are subject to change. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries"

So I searched online for "fairfax county zip codes and schools" and found a more accurate and updated resource.

HTH,
Ana

I don't see it on the iPhone app, so perhaps it is only desk top.   The iPhone app updated in the last few days.   You can draw a boundary on the mobile app and search within the boundary if you know the school boundary.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I don't get the graduation cap icon on the mobile app. Is that only available on desktop, or am I missing something? Thanks Again

If you open the map, you will see a little school icon on the right (hat with tassle), click on it and you will see what I show below.   Make your selections including check box at the bottom.

Once you've made your selections, you will be able to scroll around on the map.  Look for little circles with an arrow at the bottom.  Click on it for school name then click on the name for the map of the area with listings.      You'll see something like this;