Profile picture for readytosell32

how do i sell my house

I want to move but I do not know how to go about selling renting or leasing the home I am in the process of making payments on. I have lived in the house for atleast four years it needs alittle work but i will be making the renvovations to make it more presentable for selling. please if you have any type of information for me please help! I am a first time home owner trying to sell!.

January 27 2012 - Augusta

Do you plan on selling yourself (FSBO) or are you looking for a Realtor recommendation?

The first thing to do is to think through the process of whether or not you wish to use an agent or do it yourself.   Not everyone has what it takes to sell their home.   Some agents are great, some not so - if you chose to hire an agent you will need to educate yourself and interview to find the best of the best for your area.

Here's a link "Think about selling FSBO?"  To get you started to see if that may be the route you wish to pursue.

Whether you are planning to use an agent, or to sell FSBO, there are many agents like myself that will be happy to have an an introduction meeting and answer your questions about the process.

They hope, as I do, that you will appreciate our professionalism and helpful expertise. I hope you may use my services later, if not now, or remember me to someone else who wants a realtor. 
Besides, most of us are  REALTORS because we like to help people.

The best way to begin is to invite a local, full time, experienced real estate agent in to provide you a market value opinion on selling price.  You might want to hire a professional appraiser as well.  In both cases, listings of recent sales will be supplied to you, in order that you can compare your home with those sales.

Dear Ready to Sell, What is your motivation to move? If we can help you or someone you know contact our team. [website removed by Zillow moderator] We are here to help!

February 07 2012
If you want to sell your home quickly, the most important thing is to make sure that your home is priced competitively so many people will be excited to see your great home at a great price. Doing this would most likely enable you to get more offers, giving you more power by being able to choose who offered the best price. The best way to go about doing that is to interview agents and check their selling history--how quickly they sell homes, how much they know about the market, if the homes they have sold sell for more or less than the original listing price, what other homes yours would compare to, and so on. With the technology available on the internet, finding agents to interview shouldn't be a problem.

February 07 2012
Hey,  If you are truly ready to sell or rent whether using an agent or not do these easy things - 1. Clean up the house get it free everything you don't need right now(Clutter) 2. Advertise on the free websites like OOdle.com, Craigslist.com, ebay classifieds, etc 3. Price it right - an Agent in your area can help you do that best or do the research here on Zillow too.  If you want a Realtor to help you out, that is smart because the great ones do it as their full time job their main goal is To sell your home at a price you agree on!  Send me a message and I can give you some great renovation tips too. I wish you well - Ready to Sell!

February 16 2012
You are asking questions at the right location. The Q&A section of zillow.com has some amazing agents sharing some great info. Have you arrived with a plan for you place yet?

February 17 2012
[Hotlink and promotion removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

February 17 2012
Give your local realtor a call. They are the ones that can guide you on what to do.

February 17 2012
This is a very intricate question, one which can't be answered fully without some important details. With that said, I would contact a local real estate agent.

February 25 2012
I suggest putting a sing in the yard and wait for the agents to start calling.  When you find a good one you'll know it.

I rented out my first home because it was not at the price where I wanted to sell.  With that being said, I found a credited property management company who gave me rent rates on the house and rented it out. Pays the mortgage, insurance and taxes.  If you are selling,  first step is to hire a agent who will offer a free Comparative Market Analysis on your home. This will give you an idea of how much your home will be worth when compared to the market in a 1 mile radius. Once you decided that it will be beneficial for you to sell your home, next step is to hire a local agent that knows his or hers marketplace. They should take care of everything from start to finish leaving you with little to no stress. And make sure they communicate, sometimes I offer a communication agreement added to my listing contract.

Let me know if you need any help

Alberto Medrano
Keller Williams Realty St Pete
[removed by Zillow Moderator]

I found a great blog that offers [Hotlink and promotion removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

how do i sell my house

1. 2122 Buckhaven Dr, Augusta, GA Home For Sale
    2122 Buckhaven Dr, Augusta, GA 30909

2. 3660 Lake Shore Loop Ext, Martinez, GA Home For Sale
    3660 Lake Shore Loop Ext, Martinez, GA 30907

3. 3715 Cactus Trl, Augusta, GA Home For Sale
    3715 Cactus Trl, Augusta, GA 30907