Profile picture for janep1123

how do know what to list my townhome for?

We are thinking about putting our townhome up for sale. We aren't sure what the market is like in the warrenton, va area in terms of townhomes. It was built in 2007. What would be a good listing price and when is the right time to list?
  • February 14 2012 - Warrenton
  • 0

Best Answer

Janep, it sounds like the best advice has already been provided....talk to a Realtor local to your area.  They will be able to tell you what's going on in the local market and also provide you a pricing analysis for your townhouse.

I live and work in the town of Warrenton.  I know the market very well and would be happy to provide you the information you're looking for and answer any other questions you may have.  If you'd like to setup a time to discuss this further, just let me know.

Profile picture for TopNJAgent

I would add this -- the way to maximize your return is to price correctly right out of the gate.  Your agent's inventory and market knowledge, and analytic skills will be critical in formulating a pricing recommendation.  You've taken the time to select the best agent you can find - now it is time ot listen to her advice.  The first 30-45 days of any listing period is critical - it is when you have the attenion of online buyers and NAR stats support the premise that the great majority of buyer are shopping online. Demand will drop like a rock after 60 days. 

Seriously, Jason?

Your entire answer to the question consisted of a promo for Cent 21, and a push to make a referral commission?

Is that how you want the consumer to see  and judge you?

janep - no one here can tell you, without seeing your home, how much to ask as a list price.
Much will depend on what the local market is doing...how updated your home is........and how it compares to similarly listed properties.
You need to also find out what has recently sold.

In order to get this information..........you would benefit from speaking with a local real estate agent.

Stop in a local real estate office.....or go to a few Sunday  open houses in  your area.........agents will be happy to put together a "CMA" (aka  - a "market analysis") which will help point you in the right direction.

Interview a few agents before selecting a listing agent........and ask for a written marketing plan!

Good luck............and best wishes.......

Two great questions to ask when you are thinking of selling our property.  The only way to make great decisions is to have great information and expert advice.  I would recommend calling a Century 21 in the warrenton, va area. We have a global referral network so if you would like me to personally place a call to a local Century 21 office just let me know - I would be happy to help.  Rather than getting anyone who answers the phone I could speak with the relocation coordinator, share your needs so they could select the best agent to work with you (ex: some homesellers prefer an aggressive - no nonsense Realtor, while others prefer a more laid back persistent approach from their Realtor). Being part of the Century 21 system for almost two decades, I believe its not just about the sale, but the experience we provide.  I am here if I can be of assistance.  Good luck!

Profile picture for Jason Curry
The best thing to do would be to speak with a realtor in your area.  I can help you in finding a good idea of what you would list it for and or refer you to a realtor near you.