Profile picture for ms hudson

how far to Plan Ahead?

I am currently in an apartment but looking to buy a house for when my lease is up at the end of July. I'm looking at houses in the area I'm interested in, but how far in advance do I need to start the mortgage process? I've seen that a pre-qualification letter is only valid for 90 days. What happens if I start the process but dont find something within that time frame? 

Also, how in the world do I figure out the best type of loan and mortgage lender?!? I've read the roadmap page but I'm still at a loss of where to begin. 

February 17 - San Marcos

It is always good to start early just so that you are able to get a good idea of where you are credit wise, in the event that you need to make a few adjustments or corrections to solidify you in the process of getting the best mortgage for you. Speaking with a lender and having him or her work to pre-approve you will put you on the right track so that even if you choose to buy 4 to 6 months from now you have done what is needed to obtain an approval upon you locating a home.

February 18
Hello Ms. Hudson,

You can start today by getting mortgage ready. Get your credit application in place so if there are anything on your credit file that will prevent you from getting the very best rate and terms now is the time to have it resolve. I work with clients starting as early as 6 months away as sometime a borrower will come in with 690 score but can get a better rate at 720 i help them to achieve that. So now is the time as July is only 4 months away.

February 17