Profile picture for anjianw

how is the commute from Purchase New York to New York city?

Planning to buy house in Purchase NY, but not sure how the commute to city goes.  Pls adv.
  • October 26 2013 - US

Agree with Wedawgs.  I commuted 50 miles to Washington DC and it took 3 hours a day each way.  That's the price I paid for where I wanted to live.

I eventually adjusted my schedule so I could go in an hour later and leave an hour later.  My morning commute went down to an hour.

You need to travel the route at the time you will be commuting.

That is a very important question.   What we do when we are investigating potential homes is to address that directly rather than someone saying "oh, it's fine.   If commuting is by train, take the train at your normal commuting times.  If by car, drive by car to the place of employment.    Don't depend on others to evaluate if for you - do your own due diligence!