Profile picture for grifgriffin

how is the nieborhood around Hollins Market?

How is the Neighborhood around Hollins Market in 21223 .
  • October 28 2009 - West Baltimore
  • 0

Legally, real estate agents aren't able to tell you how a neighborhood is.  If you are interested in a neighborhood you should check it out at different times of the day and night.  Visit local businesses, perhaps join in a neighborhood association meeting to meet people that live in the neighborhood.  I have spent a lot of time in this neighborhood, I've sold several homes here.  I have eaten at Rosie's and Zella's, I've shopped in the market on many occasions.  I've walked the neighborhood and talked to people in the street.  If you want to live in a neighborhood this is what I would do to check it out and decide for yourself if you like the area and if you like what  you see, here, smell etc. 

Profile picture for peterhirsch99
 I have lived here for three years and I love it.  I can walk everywhere, and though there were some break-ins around here that is a problem throughout Baltimore.  I have never felt unsafe living here and neither has my wife.  My neighbors are great, and I know all of their names - something that wasn't true when I lived in more upscale neighborhoods.  Hollins Market square is booming with three new restaurants and I am very optimistic about the future of this neighborhood.  The Maryland BioPark is being built very close to here so it looks like more restaurants and upscale stores will be coming in to accommodate the thousands of employees that will work there. The only downside is that there can be problems with garbage on the ground and there are a few seedy characters around, but my neighbors all are great people and we try to deal with things together.  Overall this is a great place to live.