Profile picture for chadman1181

how much is my home worth

• December 14 2011 - Buffalo
  • 0

Your home is worth whatever a motivated buyer is willing to pay at a given point in time.  The value changes as time goes on, so it really depends on when you want to know the value. I assume current value.  What your home is worth today can be very different in a few months.  Your best bet is to search for a full time, experienced agent who is doing a lot of business in your neighborhood.  Not just listing, but getting things sold. You want an agent who can be honest, price it right to sell, not just "list it" to get a sign on the lawn.  Check you local mls on line and see who has the listings and is moving them.  If you have an unusual property compared to others in your area, then pay for a certified appraisal from a Licensed Appraiser. 

If you are interested in obtaining a Zestimate from Zillow, click on "homes" in the top line of this page, enter your address and click on the blue "go" button.   You will see a pop up box on a map with the Zestimate.  Click the address in the box to obtain the home details page.   In addition to a lot of info on the house, you'll find the Zestimate range - a range that is IMHO far more important than the single number called a Zestimate.   A Zestimate is a starting point for comparison of homes, not a substitute for an in person CMA or appraisal.

Useful FAQs:
What is a Zestimate
Zestimate values and accuracy.

I live in the Buffalo area and could do a market analysis of your home. I would look at the resent sales of similar homes in your neighborhood as well as homes for sale currently to come up with a value for your home. The interest rates are fantastic (under 4%) and there are buyers still looking to buy. Now is also an excellent time to get started if you are seriously considering a move. I think it's better to get the jump on the "spring market" when there is less competition. Call or text me [contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines] Looking forward to hearing from you, Connie

You can contact a local real estate agent and they can tell you what your home's value currently is...its free....or you can pay for an appraisal on your home. If you don't have an agent, email me and I can refer  you to a great one, click on my name or go up to the Professionals tab and look for one in your area, hope that helps! PS, love your hockey team!