how much is my house worth

I want to homestead my home, how do I do this? How do I find it's value?
  • May 07 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Jigz F
user747738 -

You can check if we have Zestimate for your home on the website by doing a search on this page. However, this value is not an actual appraisal of the property. It is just a starting point in determining you home's value.

You may click on this link for more information about the Zestimate value.

Erwin

realitor told me my house was worth 175,000
this is also the assessmentt on the town tax listing.  Since the town assessment. I have added 30,000 in improvements?  I am asking 189,000 for the house is this not a reasonable price to start with? the Zillo listing for my area is 199,000.  What do you think/

This is a great question.  Your question, however, should be directed to your county tax assessor in your area.  Homestead laws vary from state to state.  The best way to find the tax assessors value is by searching your assessor's tax website for your value.  If you are looking for a market value, then you may want to consider speaking with a Realtor in your area that handles BPO's (Broker Price Opinions) or CMA's (Comparative Market Analysis).  Once you speak with the tax assessor, I am sure you will receive the information necessary to homestead your home.