Profile picture for myhome99

how much to offer for a 560K house in cambrian area?

I am contemplating making an offer on a house in cambrian area which is listed at 569 k . Its a single family 53 years old house on 7000sq ft lot.

April 14 2010 - Cambrian Park

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Your agent should be able to answer this for you. It would be tough to provide an accurate answer without doing a walk through of the home, and researching recent local property sale prices in the area.

Are you motivated to buy? I am a Realtor in Willow Glen/Cambrian area. Today properties are sold above asking price. I suggest to make an offer with 10% more than the listed price. Enter the MLS number of this property on my website to start the offer now.

have your agent pock around.... It depends on how urgent and offers on hand.....

When I was looking for my first house, I contemplated on a lot of properties. In the end, I either did not put out an offer or only put out a "low-ball" offer.

Luckily, my agent at that time was very "free" and patient. When I finally see a house that feels right, I don't contemplate, I feel l want it and put in a competitive offer.

I think you can throw out a few low ball offers and see if you get a great deal on an OK house, but be upfront with your agent and the listing agent. Or redirect your time and effort on looking for the right house that you feel that you really want it.

Have fun.

Call me and I can guide you to a fair market value price.  Since you are asking this question, it is apparent that you need representation.  My services will not cost you anything.  You can reach me through my Zillow profile.  Kind regards.

Hi MyHome99,

It is difficult to answer this question without more information.  However, I did find a home on Calinoma Drive for $569K and did a quick market analysis on it.  Looking only at price per square foot for the homes that have sold near that home over the past three months, $579K would be a reasonable price to offer, maybe a bit higher if there are a lot of offers.  The deadline for offers for the Calinoma home was yesterday with a notice that 48 hours are to be allowed for responses.  Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.  I know Cambrian can be rough in this price range.

Cappy D. Myers 
DRE: 01767062
Managing Broker, REALTOR
TIMELINE Real Estate
[content removed by moderator]

Hi Myhome99,

If it's the home I'm thinking about, the deadline for offers was yesterday at 5pm.

As the previous poster indicated, your agent would be the best person to determine the market value of the home.  There are also other things to consider such as how many other offers have been presented.

If you are currently not working with an agent, I'd love to help you!  I am an agent and work the Cambrian area also.

In order to come up with a fair price for the proposed property, pull up similar properties that have sold in the last two or three months and use those for coming up with a value.  Your buyer's agent will be able to help you with this.

There is no magic formula saying "offer X percentage" because no one knows what approach the seller used to come up with an offering price.