Profile picture for TomConlin

how to deal with a site that may misrepresent critical information

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1745-Wazee-St-4H-Denver-CO-80202/2124199692_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-list-address}
I am interested in this rental for my son who lives in Denver.  I requested more information and the owner stated his name as follows: James Carson 2248 Spenard Rd Anchorage, AK 99503.  He told us that he had problems with a local management company and that he was trying to rent this on his own from a distance.  He wanted us to follow the instructions posted on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2XDRumXXYU.  I am suspicious so I checked the local property tax records and found the owner to be listed as DEIRUF,ANNE & LEVI.  Please advise how to proceed.

• October 01 2011 - Denver
  • 1

It sounds like a scam. Please do not send them ANY money or application information. On Zillow, you can flag the property using the yellow "edit" pencil to "report problem with listing". Zillow will investigate and remove any scams ASAP.

Thank you for reporting this to help others avoid the scam. Please consider posting the scammers email address or name so that people can google it and protect themselves.

This property is listed as 'For Sale' on Realtor.com. And the photos on Zillow do not match the photos on Realtor.com

My guess is it is a scam as this is a $700,000 home and the rent would be far more than $1,000.

What's odd is someone apparently spent the $10.00 to get it on Zillow as it's not coming form postlets.com

I'll flag it for removal.

It appears that you have answered your own question, that the person who posted the rental listing does not own the property to be rented.  Zillow does not guarantee that rental listings are valid.