Profile picture for ashoopar1

how to filter only by high walk score?

Hi I have a few cities in mind  that I am exploring on zillow, but i just want to filter my serach by say placs that have a walk score of 55 or more. Can I do that? Thanks

August 17 2011 - Apex

I think people should write their own "walk scoring" evaluation method.  I find that walkscore®.com has the wrong weighting factors for the types of amenities that most people want to walk to.  (It should be able to be customized for each individual).  I also find that the distance function applied is not really what people use for their daily walking decisions.

(By the way, I didn't find any walk scores on the site suggested, nor a way to search by the walkscore® on that site. Ok, there is a walk score filter on the "more options" after one starts the search, but  few areas of the U.S. are covered, and it seems to be confused by some city names.).

Try www.estately.com, which has a filter for walkscore.

I am not sure whether you can do that, I have tried playing with it here and havent found out how. There are other websites that will give you walk scores or working with a real estate agent who knows the area, are you looking for something in Apex or Cary or Morrisville? You can email me and I can help you , click on my name.
Thank you