Profile picture for wctbbt

how would i go about listing my home for sale by owner on zillow

• October 17 2013 - San Antonio
  • 0

Most people list their home for sale by owner to save money on listing fees.  If you are interested in saving I am willing to reduce my commission in order to take your listing.  My broker doesn't charge heavy fees so I'm able to take listings for less and still come out with the same!

Profile picture for laurayznaga
Yes, I do agree with JD and Suzy!  Also be prepared for "non-qualified" buyers who want or will ask if your home will be financed by YOU. Just remember the traffic you pick up will com mostly from "drive bys" unless you are willing to go the extra mile and invest for qualified exposure to your home!!  Good luck to you.  If I can be of assistance please let me know.
[Content removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy]

Profile picture for theMorrisTeam
Just so you're prepared, the majority of phone calls you get will be from agents.  Unless you are selling your home at a discount, most serious, pre-approved buyers will be working with a buyer's agent and looking at homes on the MLS.  Buyers looking at for-sale-by-owner listings will automatically discount the home by 5%-6% or more because they know you're not paying an agent to do all the work.

I would suggest you offer the buyer's agent 3% (note that you are cooperating with agents). This will increase your showings a little and at least you will be dealing with a professional. 

There is a also an interesting article I would recommend from The Wall Street Journal (Sept. 12, 2013): "The Price of Real-Estate Experience: $25,000."  

The findings of the article are that an experience realtor will sell a home for an average of 12% more than an inexperienced agent - or about $25,000 nationwide. 

Good luck with your sale!

Suzy & JD Morris

Profile picture for RizaB
  • RizaBZillow
Hi wctbbt -

Kindly click this link for the instructions on how to post your home as For Sale By Owner.

For more information about our website you can visit Zillow Help Center.

Riza B.